Friday 20 January 2012

The World's Most Boring Zippered Pouch


Fear not, my Mouthy Stitches partner (whoever you may be), this reeeeaaaaaaallllllllly boring zippered pouch will not be winging its way to you in February.



But, you might appreciate knowing that I have made this very dull pouch in an attempt to upgrade my zipping skills, obviously in the hope that your pouch, dear partner to be will look half-decent.


And, all in all it's not too bad.  I do need to sort out those corners and was given some very good advice about how to achieve this, but then found myself concentrating so hard on following the tutorial(s) that I forgot to take care of the corners before I stitched them in! Next time, I will do as you said J, promise!


Look - equally boring lining! 

Bit more practice required, but not as scary as I thought it would be.  Now, just to figure out how to make the real thing prettier and partner-approved!




PS - I really should have thought to make this practice pouch up in brown fabric.  I mean, in brown fabrics and with its salmon zip this could have been a beauty that Mouthy Stitch swappers would be fighting over in their droves!!!

10 comments:

  1. its an albino pouch! Your zipper ends look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, a little embellishment - felt/applique/embroidery etc and job done!!
    I feel a sudden urge to practise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect corners = perfect pouch.... well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great, look how that shy, blushing zip stands out proud between those handsome perfect ends, being held safely and sound between their comforting secure grip, knowing wether open or closed they are there to protect her whatever comes her way.......The End

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be happy as if my corners turned out like that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No improvement needed! Apart from more brown in there maybe! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you did a great job with the zipper! I need to do a couple practice runs before I make for my partner, too! Did you use the tute that they posted on Flickr? First I have to finish my paper piecing class (still working on the homework for it-- final class is next Sat-- then, it will be all about zippers! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, don't let Rhonda see the brown version! You did a great job on the zip ends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like good work to me!! Can be embellished in soo many ways lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...