Saturday, 12 February 2011

Could it be I'm falling in love?

Uh oh, I think I may be falling in love...



I have been piecing a quillow with the Denyse Schmidt Greenfield Hills fabrics I ordered recently and I had no idea just how much I would love it.  I have panicked at every fabric choice - are these going to look too traditional? are they too dark? which sashing white, cream or navy?  But now that the top piecing is complete I adore it.  Everything is just as I would want it to be. Problem is, this quillow's not for me so I have to give it away (gentle sob).

When I made my own quillow I was on a mission to break out of my fabric comfort zone which I think I can say I managed successfully.  Hence the purple and green creation and its recent left-over cousins.  This quilt top, however, has reminded me of all the reasons I love the fabrics I would usually choose.  I am truly going to find it hard to part with this one.

Here's the thirteenth block which will become the cushion front part of the quillow eventually.



Now I will let you in on one of my secrets folks - I am not a fan of the quilting part of making quilts.  I am hoping this will improve with experience.  After all, I have only ever made two quilts before and to say I still have a way to go in gaining confidence handling all that bulk through my little sewing machine is a bit of an understatement.  So, today I am in love but perhaps when I am half way through the quilting  I will have sufficiently fallen out of love enough to be able to give this quilt away to its intended recipient!

Now I need to try and get some more of 'The Ramble' fabric which I used for the outer border - I have another project in mind which it would be perfect for.  Wonder if this will be available in UK soon?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your quillow looks amazing! I hope the lucky recipient drools over it as much as we are! I love the blue fabrics, especially the border. Check out Film in the Fridge for another quilt made with Denise Schmidt fabrics. Jxo

    ReplyDelete

If you have taken the time to comment, I am truly privileged. I love to read your thoughts and will try to respond. Forgive me if I don't get a chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...