Friday 28 January 2011

Peace and Grace

This week I wanted to do something special for my friend as a little reminder that God's grace is sufficient for us one day at a time.  I know she knows this, but some days a little visual prompt just helps us to hold on to the promises God speaks in our lives.  When I saw this cute little bird on Spool Sewing I thought it would make a lovely little 'thinking of you' gift with the message that God is her peace (dove symbolism).


I also embroidered "Grace for today" on his tummy so that when he's hanging in her house where she can see him every morning she can be re-assured that God will provide for her that day and every other one.


(Sorry about the photos, it was really tricky to get the right picture of this little fella and these are the best of a badly shadowed bunch.)

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9  

3 comments:

  1. love this I'll have to try and make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for my wee birdie. He is hanging pride of place on my dressing table mirror. I am reminded every morning of the grace I need to be transformed from 'zombie & the living dead' to something vaguely resembling a warm blooded human! Oh the wonders of make-up! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Twas my absolute pleasure Judith - how scarey was it to make something for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...